Global Pirates Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    

Will California legalize marijuana in 2009?

Go down 
2 posters

Yes
Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? I_vote_lcap100%Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? I_vote_lcap0%Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Back

AuthorMessage
readyman
Forum Admin
readyman

Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? Empty
PostSubject: Will California legalize marijuana in 2009?   Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:03 am

Quote :

By Jim Sanders | Sacramento Bee

Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco, said the cash-starved state could generate more than a billion dollars by taxing pot growers and sellers. Marijuana would be grown and sold openly to adults 21 and older under legislation introduced this morning by a San Francisco lawmaker. Ammiano predicted that the public would support loosening marijuana laws that require substantial public funds to enforce.

"I think there's a mentality throughout the state and the country that this isn't the highest priority," he said. "And that maybe we should start to reassess." Before California could legalize marijuana, however, it also might have to persuade the federal government to alter its prohibition on cannabis. Ammiano said federal officials may be receptive to such changes under the administration of President Barack Obama

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://globalpirates.forum.st
Chaudurri
Super Moderator
Chaudurri

Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will California legalize marijuana in 2009?   Will California legalize marijuana in 2009? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:21 am

This is a very intreresting subject to dwell apon, I do not live in California, nor the US, but I can guarantee it would benefit there alledged "financial struggle", although, if you were to branch California off into the ocean all by itself and deem it its own country, it would be the 7th wealthiest nation in the world, so I can't see how they are that much in debt.

So , my vote is..........yes.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Global Pirates Forum :: Serious Discussion and Debates :: Political Debates-
Jump to: