Global Pirates Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    

Torrents are not illegal!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
readyman
Forum Admin
readyman

Torrents are not illegal! Empty
PostSubject: Torrents are not illegal!   Torrents are not illegal! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 am

Quote :
By: Leo Notenbloom -http://ask-leo.com/is_it_illegal_to_download_torrent_files.html

"Torrent" files are, specifically, a small file of information used by a filesharing technology known as "bitTorrent". To be super pedantic about it, because the ".torrent" file itself just has some administrative information in it, there's nothing wrong with downloading it.

But here's the catch: bitTorrent is nothing more than a file downloading technology. It's highly efficient, optimized for large files and for decentralized storage of the files being downloaded, but ultimately it's nothing more than a way to copy a file down to your machine.
Copying a file to your machine is not illegal.
Back to top Go down
https://globalpirates.forum.st
piratebayguy
ViP Member
piratebayguy

PostSubject: Re: Torrents are not illegal!   Torrents are not illegal! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 am

This is what I was trying to tell my freind the whole time(He is "Pro Copyright")

This made me think of something I wanted to do as a thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
readyman
Forum Admin
readyman

PostSubject: Re: Torrents are not illegal!   Torrents are not illegal! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 pm

And i agree with a few beleifs about Pro-Copyright'ers, but they do not have to insist we are just people out to steal everything we see.
Back to top Go down
https://globalpirates.forum.st
Chaudurri
Super Moderator
Chaudurri

PostSubject: Re: Torrents are not illegal!   Torrents are not illegal! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:19 am

Alot of them actually dont insist that we "steal everything we see", they just do not like the idea of having thereproduct in circulation without any one paying for it. Which in most cases, the product only costs a few hundred dollars for the prototype, and they just sell the idea from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torrents are not illegal!   Torrents are not illegal! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torrents are not illegal!
Page 1 of 1